Wakkerstroom is about a three-and-a-half-hour drive from Johannesburg.
A GPS will generally direct you via the N17 toll road and Leandra.
The road from Leandra to Standerton has pot holes and can be very dangerous.
The road between Standerton and Volksrust is under construction at the moment.
Instead of relying on your GPS, we recommend that you follow the directions below, even if you live in Pretoria.
1. Take the N3 to Durban
2. Take the N17 off-ramp to Bethal
3. From Bethal, 2km after the 9th stop street, take the Amersfoort/Volksrust turn off to the right. It is 32 km to Morgenzon, 44km to Amersfoort and 40km to Volksrust.
4. From Volksrust take a left onto the R543 (De Kock Road)
5. Now you are on the road to Wakkerstroom
6. About 27km further past the ‘The Mucky Duck’ on your left
you have arrived in Wakkerstroom, W E L C O M E !
Click HERE to download a PDF version of the village Map