Wakkerstroom Music Festival is registered as a non-profit organisation under Section 21 of the Companies Act, Registration No. 097-091-NPO.
WMF’s vision is to annually hold a sustainable classical music festival of exceptional quality linked to our WMF Marimba Ensemble Community Project.
To create a unique platform through which classical music in South Africa will be promoted in all its forms.
Wakkerstroom Music Festival is to be held annually and aims to:
• Present a classical music festival of a superior quality,
• Create an inclusive opportunity for both young and upcoming artists and established artists to share the same stage,
• Promote existing and new classical music,
• Involve all local secondary and tertiary institutions training students in the arts and related subject fields,
• Generate the community’s interest and encourage education in classical music and fine arts,
• Provide a comprehensive marketing opportunity for the participating institutions, partners and sponsors,
• Add value to the financial support given by the sponsors.
In order to realize the above-mentioned objectives, the Wakkerstroom Music Festival has set the following aims:
• An offer of a wide variety of classical music productions,
• A high profile gala event,
• Cooperation with the local secondary and tertiary institutions to expose their students to a practical learning experience,
• An annual incorporation of local classical music artists and local artists of the fine arts,
• A 75% attendance
The Registered Office and Contact Details
36 Hoog Street, Wakkerstroom 2480
P. O. Box 228, Wakkerstroom 2480
Booking Office: 0728362979
The Festival Board
Linette van der Merwe Chair
Nigel Mason Secretary
Sean Pyott Treasurer
Lizzie Lack Member
Carol Preston Member
Chris Mostert Member